Gmail recently rolled out a change to its settings, where now you can permanently turn on SSL encryption. Do it now—your personal data will thank you for it. Besides, it’s going to get a lot easier to hack Gmail sessions very soon, because some guy is planning on releasing a hacking tool to the public in order to force Google to implement better security. [monkey_bites]
By cwalters August 21, 2008
- up to no good What Is This Scary Heartbleed Bug, And Why Is Everyone Freaking Out About It?
- actually FBI: Actually Maybe We Don’t Need Apple To Unlock Their Phone After All
- privacy schmivacy 4 Things You Need To Know About New Bill Requiring Weak Encryption On Devices
- is someone there? 4 Things Consumers Should Know About WikiLeaks’ Dump Of CIA ‘Vault 7’ Documents
- formalized yelling Apple, FBI Testify About Encryption And Privacy In Congressional Hearing