New York magazine has a good write-up of Function Drinks, an “enhanced water” company that has the marketing advantage of being founded by a doctor. Although their nutritional claims appear to be a little more scientifically researched than, say, Vitamin Water, the sugar content is the same, and, as the article points out, there’s still no real consensus on whether antioxidants do any good.
By alexchasick August 20, 2008
More From Consumerist
- 7 “Health” Products From The Past That Would Never Make It Onto Shelves Today
- What The Heck Is Maple Water?
- Soda Makers Advertise New And Exciting Ingredient: Sugar
- Sierra Mist Performs Another Sweetener Switcharoo, Angers Fans Again
- Coca-Cola, Pepsi Once Again Fund Study Claiming Diet Soda Is Better For You Than Water