If you buy airline tickets on Craigslist, you could find yourself paying for the tickets twice, thanks to this latest scam. Elliot blogs the story of a William Marleua, who who bought Southwest airline tickets from someone on Craigslist. Four months after taking the flight, a Southwest collections specialist called him and told him to pay up. Turns out the original tickets were bought using a stolen credit card, and then the real owner of the credit card disputed the charge. Here’s what Southwest said about the situation, “Southwest has never been paid for the flight Mr. Marleau took. It is our business policy to collect payment from the person who flew….It’s a difficult situation, but we cannot protect a customer who chooses to make a questionable purchase on Craigslist for a Southwest Airlines flight.”
Beware Of Buying Airline Tickets On Craigslist
By consumerist.com April 14, 2008
- paying more in fees Southwest Airlines Quietly Increases Early Check-In Fee
- air amazon You Can Use Amazon Payments Instead Of Your Credit Card On Southwest Flights
- rental scams Why Is My House Listed For Rent On Craigslist?
- knowing your refund rights Don’t Get Stuck Paying For A Flight You Can’t Take; Know Your Airline’s 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- the blame game The Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Disaster: A Cautionary Tale