Out of a misguided sense of goodwill, Rancho Cordova police officers will be pulling over citizens who aren’t doing anything wrong and reward their good driving with $5 Starbucks. While nice in theory, it would be a pain in the butt if you were running late for work. I wonder if, just like when you get pulled over for speeding, they’re going to make you wait in your car for 10 minutes first. I also wonder why they couldn’t just take people’s license numbers down and mail them the gift cards. I also also wonder if it’s legal for a police officer to detain someone who isn’t breaking the law. N doubt such irritating questions will disappear the moment the free Mocha Frappacino hits your brain nerves.
Police Pulling Over Good Drivers And Giving Them $5 Starbucks Gift Cards
By consumerist.com December 18, 2007
- tune in opt out Reminder: You Should Opt Out Of Starbucks Card Mandatory Arbitration Now. Here’s How
- DIY gone wrong N.Y. Driver Charged With A Felony Learns There’s No Such Thing As A DIY License Plate
- ch-ch-ch-changes Starbucks Confirms: Loyalty Rewards Members Will Now Earn Points For Every Dollar Spent
- happy birthday Starbucks Shrinks Redemption Time For Birthday Reward To 4 Days
- rack'em up Starbucks Launching Prepaid Card That Lets Rewards Members Earn Loyalty Points