What are you feeding your children tonight? How about a hearty helping of lead? KUTV did a followup on their report yesterday about lead in dinner plates. Their investigative reporter bought more plates from Walmart. After heating them to 85 degrees, the plates leached out lead at .381 parts per million. The plates were made in China. The government says that anything below 2.0 is acceptable. But unlike a toy where you’re mainly just coming in skin contact with the toy, with a plate, the lead is actually seeping into the food and you’re eating it.
Dinner Plates On Walmart Shelves Contain Lead
By consumerist.com November 14, 2007
- looking at lead levels Federal & State Agencies Probing High Lead Levels In Cra-Z-Art Jewelry Kits
- christmas 2014 Walmart Focus Group Of 1,000 Kids Tells Us What Toys To Buy Them
- getting better all the time Yesterday Was Walmart’s Goal Date To Significantly Improve Its Stores
- Fire is bad Toyota Recalls 690,000 Tacoma Pickups For Rear Suspension Issue That Could Lead To Fire
- recall roundup March Recall Roundup – Don’t Put A Cork In It