Radiohead’s pay-what-you-want experiment is going well, according to a band spokesman, who says that “most people are deciding on a normal retail price with very few trying to buy it for a penny.” Most pre-orders so far have been for the more expensive (we guess?) disc-box version, which comes with a book, two CDs, vinyl copies, more songs, and a ringtone of Thom Yorke mewing like a hurt cat. Oh, wait, no ringtone—that would make it a Ringle. [Wired]
By cwalters October 3, 2007
More From Consumerist
- GameStop Now Lets You Order Items Online Even If They’re In A Store And Not A Warehouse
- Would You Buy A Free Shipping Subscription Only For Lands’ End?
- GameStop Ditches Digital Downloads In Console Bundles
- Walmart Asks The FAA For Permission To Test Drones For Home Delivery, Curbside Grocery Pickups
- Amazon Prime Adds 20% Discount On Video Game Pre-Orders & New Releases