Verizon Techs Blow Out AP Reporter's Electrical Box During Installation

Verizon FiOs techs have flubbed another install, hitting an electrical wire and leaving the electrical box smoking. This time, the customer was an AP reporter. Oopsy poopsies!

The technicians compounded this error by insisting that we pay for the electrical repairs, then bill them. We’d be reimbursed in 30 days, they assured us. My wife was having none of that. Verizon’s insurance company cut us a check for the $2,650 repair within days.

We got a brand-new electrical box out of the deal, for free. But our electrician tells us ours was not the first botched Verizon installation he’s been called out to fix.

Oh we know it. Another messed up Fios install caused a fire at a customer’s house, causing the fire department to respond, as these photos indicate. After all, as the saying goes, where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Review: After Smoke Clears, FiOS a Hit [AP via Network World]

Verizon Continues Weird, Pointless Flame War With Networkworld Blogger
Verizon: There Was No Fire. Fire Department: Yes, There Was A Fire.
Verizon Sets Fire To Your Home
(Image: Happy Tree Friends)