General Mills venerable bee evidently hasn’t been busy enough, forcing the cereal making whore itself in back alleys and dimly lit parks, in the form of new FRUITY CHEERIOS.While consumers report it “tastes just like Fruit Loops,” the box boasts it contains 25% less sugars than the leading fruity cereals (10g vs 14g of sugar). In fact, roughly 1/7 of the box space seems devoted to extolling the product’s health benefits. Wethinks the cereal doth protest too much.
Fruity Cheerios, Sugar Sellout
By consumerist.com September 28, 2006
- Sugar-Blasted Lentil Circles Cheerios Protein Has Slightly More Protein, More Sugar Than Regular Cheerios
- new kid on the block General Mills Calling Its First New Cereal In 15 Years “Tiny Toast”
- awareness Honey Nut Cheerios Bee Goes Missing To Highlight Vanishing Bee Colonies
- pumpkin spice everything Here We Go Again: Even More Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Foods
- going with the grain General Mills Coming Out With “Ancient Grains” Cheerios Featuring Stuff Like Quinoa