Beat These Deadlines To Ship Your Gifts On Time

If you’re shipping out gifts to friends and family, you may have to start sending out packages this week if you want to get them to their destinations by Christmas. Here are links to domestic shipping deadlines for some of the more popular shipping services:

Amazon — Free Super Saver Shipping deadlines start Friday, while Local Express Delivery for Amazon Prime users will be available up to Christmas Eve in some cities.

USPS — The deadline for First Class mail is Monday. More expensive options let you procrastinate until Dec. 22.

UPS — Ship by Dec. 21 to use 3-Day Select. You have until Dec. 23 to use UPS Next Day Air.

FedEx — FedEx offers same-day shipping Christmas Day, but the deadline for overnighting packages is Dec. 23.

DHL — Plan in advance. The U.S. deadline is Monday.

Comments

1. pop top says:

Thanks for the reminder. I finally finished buying everything last night (I forgot about the in-laws, oops) and will be packing it this evening. Late night run to the post office and their 24-hour shipping kiosk FTW!

2. Kestris says:

Shipping all my packages by the 20th, via FedEx. That way, I can pretty much be certain they’ll get there by Friday.

Barring another blizzard.

3. pecan 3.14159265 says:

Remember, the shipping time is the amount of time it takes for the package to arrive at your door after it leaves the fulfillment facility. It doesn’t count processing time! If you’re not sure whether it’ll get here in time, upgrade your shipping.

Also, watch out for the weather. Anyone shipping to the Midwest is probably very aware of the difficulties in getting packages in or out right now. Anyone shipping to the Mid-Atlantic most likely won’t have delivery problems, but we will be getting flurries and it is extremely cold, which may or may not mess with the delivery trucks and planes.

4. Alvis says:

I would like to take this time to remind everyone that it’s the thought that counts, not when the gift arrives.

5. JayPhat says:

The USPS deadline in my area is a farse. It’s taking upwards of 3 weeks for regular first class mail to make it to a residential address. 3 weeks. For a letter, a bill, ads.

6. theblackdog says:

Just placed my order for some presents for family and they will arrive in two days. Thanks Amazon Prime!

7. HogwartsProfessor says:

I’m waiting for my honey’s gifts to arrive, then I will insert cookies and ship. If his stuff gets here late, he said it’s okay; it just makes Christmas last longer. I’ve got my fingers crossed it does, though. I couldn’t afford expedited shipping because I’ll have to do that when I send them.

All else is going in the car for a trip up to the fam. I’m actually DONE EARLY for once!

8. Jerkamie says:

How come I’m not understanding this;

Same day shipping xmas day huh?

9. gman863 says:

If you wait to long you can always send an e-gift card for Amazon or another online merchant the recipient likes.

It may not be creative but it’s certain the person you’re buying for will appreciate it more than a Chia Pet or Snuggie purchased around 11:00 PM Christmas Eve at Walgreen’s.

10. I wumbo. You wumbo. He- she- me... wumbo. Wumbo; Wumboing; We'll have thee wumbo; Wumborama; Wumbology; the study of Wumbo. says:

Or they just get it late. No biggie.