The Mc10:35 Gets Field Taste Tested

The Hidden Menu blog went on a field excursion to see if they could track down the “Mc10:35″ – an Egg McMuffin inside a double cheeseburger you can only order at the changeover between breakfast and lunch. They lived to tell the tale and returned with photographic evidence.

The writers had to make two trips to lock down the food beast. The first time they got there too late, all the Egg McMuffins had been disposed of. However, the cashier knew exactly what a Mc10:35 was and had offered to make it for them! The legend spreads! The second time the cashier pleaded ignorance, but they got the two sandwiches and put them together themselves.

Hidden Menu writes:

“Wow, it’s curing a hangover I haven’t gotten yet,” exclaimed one taster. While the Mc10:35 is unequivocally delicious, the havoc it wrecks on your digestive track is truly harrowing. (We’ll spare the details.)

Nooo, the details are the best part!

THE MCDONALD’S MC10:35 [Hidden Menu]

PREVIOUSLY: Check Out The Secret McMenu Item That’s Sweeping SF, The Mc10:35

Comments

1. digital0verdose says:

Well that sounds horrible.

• layton59 says:

Horrible? Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on your taste or your lack of taste.

Whatever happened to McDonalds trial ruin at having breakfast all the time? I never heard how it faired.

• DariusC says:

Sounds less horrible when you are hungry or get the munchies!

2. FushandChups says:

Yes Hello I would Like a Large Fries, Coke and a McPuke Thanks

3. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

Slap a few strips of bacon on it and you have representatives from the 3 yummy animal groups.

• Gandalf the Grey says:

You already do, Chicken Egg, Pork Canadian Bacon, and Beef Hamburger patties. Bacon would add nothing except the yummyness of bacon.

Unless you’re contesting that those are actually beef. I might not argue about that.

• Hooray4Zoidberg says:

Coincidentally when I worked at McDonald’s in high school there was one girl there who argued vehemently that bacon came from cows.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

Ah, I forgot McMuffins have Canadian Bacon. How could I forget that?

• BBG says:

Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you
      saying you’re *never* going to eat any animal again? What about
      bacon?
      Lisa: No.
      Homer: Ham?
      Lisa: No.
      Homer: Pork chops?
      Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
      Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

4. jjp36 says:

I don’t want a large Farva, I want a god-damn liter of cola!

5. chaesar says:

the McTooMuchTimeOnYourHands

6. RayanneGraff says:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

7. SybilDisobedience says:

Digestive TRACT, not track…yes, I know I’m being, well, anal

8. Hooray4Zoidberg says:

You probably wouldn’t really want to eat this. For breakfast to lunch changeover you typically estimate how many eggs you’ll need between 10:10 to 10:30. As these eggs have a 20 holding time after coming off the grill, the procedure is to batch cook how ever many you’ll need to make it to lunch. This way you can start warming up the grills for lunch meats which require higher temperatures and an adequate ramp up time. This is pretty standard operating procedure, or at least it was in my day. That means by 10:35 you’re probably eating eggs which have been sitting around for at least 25 minutes.

• ReverendLoki says:

Considering what is considered the “normal” state for what passes as an egg at McDs, I think whether it has been 20 o 25 minutes since it was cooked should be the least of your worries.

• Akuma X says:

It’s certainly bizarre that Zoidberg is telling me not to eat something that’s disgusting.

• nbs2 says:

Unless you manage to convince the folks at your McDonalds to make you an Egg McMuffin even though they are out of them and it is now 10:35. Then you get fresh eggs.

9. brettb says:

They discarded the bread from the McMuffin and kept the bun from the double cheeseburger? That’s just dumb.

10. caknuck says:

Next time ask for the Mc10:35 Wrap with Sausage ™.

11. fizzypopbubbles says:

Sounds edible enough to me…it’s just a badly made hamburger with an oddly shaped fried egg and ham on it…I can get the “upscale” version of that at any diner near me. And bacon hamburgers with fried eggs on ‘em are DELIGHTFUL, so I can’t see why it would be so “McPuke”-y.

• Verucalise (Est.February2008) says:

I thought it was just me… hell, I make my own Mc10:35 at home from time to time. I love mixing foods like this up.

12. The cake is a lie! says:

Who thought that would be a good idea?? Why not see what happens when you put that apple pie in the middle of your Big Mac. You could call it the McBig Apple or the McShit Sandwich and it would probably be the same thing. You people can’t just keep combining foods together! Don’t you know that is how the atomic bomb was created? You risk ruining everything if you continue on this path. Think of the children! Not the ones living, but the ones you will have after you totally screw up your dna after eating this stuff.

• nbs2 says:

McBig Apple? I think I’ll call it a McManhattan and try it out. Not to belabor the name, but it encompasses your ideas and concerns in one simple name. We get the New York imagery, identifying the Big and the Apple, plus an unholy creation not too unlike that which was created with the Manhattan Project.

Thanks for the suggestion.

13. Platypi {Redacted} says:

Or just go to Jack in the Box any time of day, and get an Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich (A sesame seed bun loaded with two fried eggs, two slices of American cheese, two slices of ham and bacon) and combine it with a 1.29 big hamburger. Seems easier than trying to time McD’s breakfast nazis. Just as gross, MUCH less hassle. And you can have when you want!

14. Stubtify says:

I know in other areas McDonalds only does breakfast before 10:30, but here in Southern California I can order anything I want in the morning, meaning this can be made from 6am to 10:30 without eating a stale mcMuffin.

15. jefeloco says:

Re-imagining “gut bomb” one sandwich at a time. (r)

16. Draw2much says:

Take the ham out and it would be delicious. In Japan they have the Tomago Burger, which is pretty much a quarter pounder with special sauce and an (breakfast?) egg on it. It is delicious. So. So good.

*cries* I miss Japanese Mc Donalds!

17. ElizabethD says:

That’s way too much fatty food, of course, but I don’t really understand all these “barf” comments. What in those two sandwiches is gross, either separately or together? What would cause indigestion — any more than any other McMeal?

The drama, the drama.

18. YouDidWhatNow? says:

Nothing about that sounds appetizing.

19. SnoopyFish says:

Photographic evidence my ass.

“The following morning we hit the McDonald’s just a little earlier but a different worker professed to have no knowledge of the dish. Whatevah! We were still able to order both items and combine them together ourselves.”

Thats just evidence that they bought 2 sandwiches and put it together themselves. I see no proof that the Mc10:35 can infact be ordered and I discredit these results.

20. UGAdawg says:

One of my guilty pleasures is having a fried egg on my cheeseburger. At first I thought it sounded kinda gross but I tasted the Red Robin Royal burger and fell in love with it. Anyone who hasn’t tasted the flavor combo doesn’t know what they’re missing. I swear. You’ve gotta try it at least once. It’s definitely cholesterol fest but in moderation it’s fantastic. Especially if it has bacon on it.

21. RxDude says:

Those lucky enough to be near Carl’s Jr can get a Breakfast Burger. Cheeseburger with bacon, a fried egg, and tater tots. Delicious! I used to enjoy one several times a week. Of course, I was about 30 lbs heavier then..

22. Taddare says:

If you live near Pittsburgh, Pa you can go get a Pimanti Bro. capricola and egg, comes with fries and coleslaw also on the sandwich. Really though any Pimanti sandwich is awesomeness with fries and slaw standard on it.

23. hbkawachi says:

They have basically this here in Japan….

24. ScottCh says:

Suspicion #1: This came from a press release.
    Suspicion #2: Someone’s bought into a not-so-subtle attempt at viral marketing.
    Suspicion #3: It doesn’t have to be good. It just has to sound weird.

25. nbs2 says:

No love for my review of it here the first time you mentioned it?

26. 420greg says:

I have always liked the big mac, but the meat is way smaller then the bread, so you always get a huge ‘bread bite’ at first. So I order a double quarter pounder with cheese ‘made like a big mac’.

What I want is a big mac with the bigger meat and 2 pieces of cheese (Like the double quarter cheese comes with). None of the Mickey D’s near me can get this right.

Sometimes it is on the quarter pounder bun.
    One time I got charged for the 2nd slice of cheese, that I already paid for.
    Sometimes I don’t get the club (the piece of center bread in a big mac).
    I don’t want a double QP with the Big Mac fixings.
    I want a Big Mac with the QP meat and 2 slices of cheese.

Hopefully someday they will get this right.

27. Hands says:

That may be the first time I’ve heard the words “delicious” and “McDonalds” in the same sentence. For the record, I haven’t been in a McDonalds in more than 20 years. I’ve just never been that hungry.

28. gargunkle says:

The Mc10:35 was recently the cause of strife for my family and me, when we went to McD’s (Erie, PA) at around 10:45 and found their lunch menu didn’t start until 11:00. Varies by store?

29. The Marionette says:

Guess it’s kinda like how the mcgangbang is somewhat well-known in certain areas.

30. Cicadymn says:

If you’re too late you can always order the McGangbang.

Double cheeseburger (or McDouble) around the McChicken Sandwich.

31. operator207 says:

Even better, a Sausage Egg McMuffin and a Double CheeseBurger.