It might take a bit of finagling and figuring out how to equip half of New York City’s 13,006 yellow cabs with wheelchair-friendly access (in addition to the 231 that already have it), but it’s gonna happen: Officials there announced a legal settlement that says at least half of the city’s cabs must be wheelchair-accessible by 2020. [via the Associated Press]
Half Of All Taxis In NYC Will Have To Provide Access For Disabled Passengers
- Becoming More Like The Competition Los Angeles Mulling Idea Of Uber-Like App To Make Taxi Industry More Competitive
- Makin' Changes NYC Taxi Commission Approves Pilot Program That Would Use GPS, Tablets To Calculate Fares
- who you gonna hail? When Is Taking A Yellow Cab Cheaper Than Using Uber?
- No shortage of trips Taxis Still Provide More Rides Than Uber In New York City
- fighting words Uber Pushing Back On New York City’s Plans To Put Limits On For-Hire Vehicle Fleet Expansion