Bribespot is a new website and Android app that wants to fight corruption by being the Foursquare of bribe reporting. When someone tries to shake you down, you’re supposed to “check in” and report the payola request. Bribespot maps the data and shows where hot zones of graft are popping up. If a place gets enough hits, the people in charge there could have an impetus to take action. It remains to be seen whether the free service gets enough traction to be useful, but it’s a cool idea for how social media and mobile technology can empower regular people to work together to fix government.
Report Graft Via Smartphone App
By Ben Popken June 1, 2011
- new territory Apple Getting Into TV With Reality Competition Show About App Developers
- what's up with these pre-loaded apps? Regulators Widen Investigation Into Google’s Pre-Loaded Android Apps
- seeing things from a different angle Facebook Bringing 360-Degree Video To iOS Newsfeeds
- brandware Verizon Wants To Sell App Installations On Your Phone To Advertisers
- Not Another Fire Phone In Spite Of Past Failure, Amazon Not Giving Up On Smartphones