Bribespot is a new website and Android app that wants to fight corruption by being the Foursquare of bribe reporting. When someone tries to shake you down, you’re supposed to “check in” and report the payola request. Bribespot maps the data and shows where hot zones of graft are popping up. If a place gets enough hits, the people in charge there could have an impetus to take action. It remains to be seen whether the free service gets enough traction to be useful, but it’s a cool idea for how social media and mobile technology can empower regular people to work together to fix government.
Report Graft Via Smartphone App
By Ben Popken June 1, 2011
- rip Amazon Shuts Down Service That Let Users Test Apps Before Buying Them Because No One Was Really Using It
- doubling up Want To Send Facebook Messages On A Mobile Device? You’ll Need A Separate App For That
- a pirate's ransom App Developer Fights Piracy By Sticking Them With Pirate-Themed Version Of App
- more facebook Just What You Need: Yet Another Stand-Alone Single-Purpose Facebook App
- new territory Apple Getting Into TV With Reality Competition Show About App Developers