Congratulations, graduating class of 2011. You’ve pulled all-nighters, subsisted on ramen for weeks, and worn pajamas to class, all to achieve the beautiful shining goal of a college degree. Add to that another distinction, one that probably won’t be mentioned during too many commencement speeches. You’re also graduating with the highest debt of all time, an average of $22,000 a person. Hope that business about a degree giving you a higher earning potential is true, because you’re gonna need it.
Class Of 2011 Have Most Debt Of All Time
By Ben Popken May 10, 2011
- Here's Your Degree and Lots Of Debt Student Loan Debt For Recent College Graduates Increases Again
- Here's Your Degree and Lots Of Debt Student Loan Debt For Recent College Graduates Increases Again, Now At $30K
- so good luck with that Sorry, Class Of 2015: You Will Have To Be At Least 75 Before You Can Retire, Study Says
- judgment day Failed For-Profit College Operator Ordered To Pay $1.1 Billion For Predatory Practices
- closing a chapter Feds Win Default Judgment Against Corinthian Colleges Over Predatory Lending Scheme