In just 30 minutes, you can have a five-gallon bucket of homemade laundry detergent that costs 50 cents less per load than store bought, says dollarstoremom. All you need is washing soda, grated bar soap, borax, boiling water, and large bucket. Get the recipe and ideas for adding scents and so forth on the blog. And yep, this mixture will even work on HE washers, according to the commenters.
Make Your Own Laundry Detergent At Home
By Ben Popken April 18, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Tide Detergent Pod Containers Make Easy Trick-Or-Treat Baskets, But Is It A Good Idea?
- Tide Makes Powder Detergent Scoop Bigger For No Clear Reason
- Tide’s Answer To Slumping Sales? Use More Detergent Pods!
- Keep Your Dark-Colored Clothes Looking Fresh And New For Longer
- Does Jessica Alba’s Honest Co. Detergent Contain Chemical It Guarantees It Won’t Use?