NYT reports that the real estate crashdown isn’t just limited to Potemkin-village style build-n-flip hotspots like Vegas and and Florida. That’s just where it started. The giant needle of bubble popping is plunging through Seattle, where prices are down 30% from last year, and is making swift work of Minneapolis and Atlanta. One expert predicts prices could drop another 5 or 7% nationwide. Get out the dramamine, it’s double-dip time.
Even Nice Cities Not Safe From Housing Meltdown Anymore
By Ben Popken February 14, 2011
- welcome back More Affluent Americans Moving Into Cities, Making Them More Expensive
- access for all White House Unveils New Plan To Get Affordable Broadband Access To Low-Income Households
- Not so comfortable living Residents In Most-Affordable U.S. City Would Have To Pay 15 Times Their Income To Buy In NYC
- big deal Bank Of America Settlement Could Be Worth As Much As $17 Billion
- Blatant Disregard After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers