NYT reports that the real estate crashdown isn’t just limited to Potemkin-village style build-n-flip hotspots like Vegas and and Florida. That’s just where it started. The giant needle of bubble popping is plunging through Seattle, where prices are down 30% from last year, and is making swift work of Minneapolis and Atlanta. One expert predicts prices could drop another 5 or 7% nationwide. Get out the dramamine, it’s double-dip time.
Even Nice Cities Not Safe From Housing Meltdown Anymore
By Ben Popken February 14, 2011
- welcome back More Affluent Americans Moving Into Cities, Making Them More Expensive
- Blatant Disregard After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers
- war of welcome mats Airbnb Tells Mayors: Be Our Friend, And We’ll Collect Lodging Taxes For You
- community compact AirBNB Imposes Taxes And Limits Before Local Governments Can Make Them
- you're welcome AirBNB Apologizes For Passive-Aggressive Ads Making City Budget Suggestions