I spotted this in the magazine rack at Walgreens last night. There is an entire magazine devoted just to short hair. It’s called Short Hair, and it turns out it’s been around for many years. While it sounds silly, one of it’s main selling points is that if you see a cut in there you like you can buy the glossy and show it to your stylist. Still, this is the apotheosis of niche marketing. I’m thinking of picking up a subscription but with my budget tight I’ll need to either drop Mason Jar Monthly, or Babe In The Hoods, a periodical devoted to pictures of attractive people wearing hooded sweatshirts.
Profiles In Niche Marketing: "Short Hair Magazine"
By Ben Popken February 3, 2011
- start 'em young Why Is LEGO Offering Beauty Tips To Little Girls?
- scams Watch Out For Fake Magazine Renewal Invoices
- i really do read it for the articles Playboy Learns Internet Exists, Getting Rid Of Nude Photos
- i never thought it would happen to me Penthouse Keeping Magazine, Citing The “Gravitas” Of The Printed Page
- We missed you skymall Long Live Inflight Shopping: United Airlines Brings Back SkyMall For A Limited Time