Remember Beacon? This is not Beacon, Amazon wants you to know. The retailer has launched a new program where you can connect your Amazon account to your Facebook account, but it promises it won’t broadcast your purchases or bug your friends. Instead, the connection seems designed to funnel all the likes and favorites on your Facebook account (and those of your friends as well) into Amazon’s giant brain, so it can refine its shopping recommendations. Oh, and it will remind you of upcoming birthdays.
Amazon Offers To Connect With Your Facebook Account
By cwalters August 2, 2010
- watch this Netflix Wants You To Tell All Your Facebook Friends What To Watch
- #tag Amazon Now Lets You Use Hashtags To Shop On Twitter
- Always Know Where You Are Facebook Launching “Place Tips” So You Always Know Everything About Where You Are
- a buyer's market Facebook Testing A Dedicated Shopping Feed That Features Retailers’ Posts About Sales
- proximity pals [UPDATE] Facebook Thinks You Should Get To Know The People Near You Better