AT&T knows it needs to step up if it wants to be taken seriously these days as a wireless provider, so it’s been beefing up 3G coverage, rejiggering data plans, and of course ramping up the speed at which it leaks your private data to strangers. In fact, according to multiple reports from AT&T customers, the company has managed to pull off the neat trick of logging customers in to strangers’ accounts today during the iPhone 4 pre-order fiesta. See? You no longer have to wait until you’ve got the device in hand to worry about privacy issues.
It's iPhone 4 Day, So Naturally AT&T Is Exposing Account Info To Strangers
By cwalters June 15, 2010
- not again? T-Mobile, Experian Data Breach Exposes Personal Info For 15M Consumers
- let's try this again If FTC Can’t Resurrect Lawsuit Over AT&T’s “Unlimited” Data, Telecoms May Be Even More Untouchable
- more privacy for you FCC Adopts New Privacy Rule Limiting What ISPs Can Do With Your Personal Data
- surprise AT&T Ends Snooping Program, Stops Charging Internet Users Extra For Privacy
- earn while you stare AT&T Will Trade You Data For Doing Surveys & Buying Stuff