Fortune magazine commissioned artist Chris Ware to design a cover for their 2010 Fortune 500 issue, so he did. Unfortunately, what he delivered was a detailed, funny, and biting commentary on the current state of our economy–with banker types dancing on the top of mega-buildings that spell out “500,” a factory in Mexico churning out big box merchandise, and a “401k cemetary.” Fortune rejected it, but hasn’t provided any comment on why. Well, okay, it’s probably self-evident why they killed it, but it’s still funny.
See The Fortune 500 Magazine Cover That Was Too Brutally Honest To Run
By cwalters April 28, 2010
- crystal balls indeed Florida Psychic Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison For Defrauding Clients Out Of $17.8M
- fountain of youth? Drinking Collagen-Infused Booze Probably Won’t Make You Look Any Younger
- um - about that... Yahoo Knew About Giant Hack As Early As 2014
- re-re-re-reinvention JCPenney Wants To Bring Current Customers Back More Often, Maybe Also Find New Ones
- out of the bag Amazon Switching Out Wrapping Paper For Reusable Cloth Bags