Eating out is supposed to be a good thing, whether it’s romance, business, family, friends or just enjoying a nice al fresco meal on your own. But how many times has your pleasant evening been tainted or even ruined by a fellow restaurant patron who does something that just gets under your skin? That’s why the Chicago Tribune has put together this list of 10 of the most irritating people you can encounter while dining.
1. People who sit far from their table and won’t move up when you need to squeeze by.
2. People who stuffing tiny bottles of jam into their pockets or purse.
3. People who bring their own salt.
4. People whose conversations are so loud everyone in the restaurant can hear them.
5. People who linger forever over empty glasses of wine even though they can see others are waiting for a table.
6. People who chew with their mouth open.
7. People who talk loudly on their cell phone.
8. People who take a ton of flash photos in the restaurant
9. People who let in all the cold air from outside (or let the cool air out during the summer) by holding the door open for too long.
10. People who use a cloth napkin to blot their lipstick and people who blow their nose into their napkin at the table.
Do you agree with the Tribune’s list? Who did they miss?
Ten at 10: Most Annoying Habits of Restaurant Diners [Chicago Tribune]