The Augmented Driving iPhone app turns your car into a fighter jet. Mount your iPhone on the dash and launch the program and it starts tracking the cars around you, warning with an annoying voice if you get too close and showing you your lane so you don’t drift. Could come in handy for long road trips, as would staying alert and pulling off to a rest stop and taking a nap if you get tired. Only, don’t get so fascinated by playing with your driving app that you get into an accident. Even though it looks like a video game, there’s no replays. Here’s a demo so you can scoff or fawn for yourself:
Augmented Driving iPhone App Gives Your Car A HUD
By Ben Popken April 19, 2010
- Just put the phone down Apple’s Latest Patent Aims To Protect Users Who Text While Walking
- buzz buzz goes the rumor mill Is Apple Planning A Street View Upgrade For Its Map App?
- big driver is watching Verizon’s “Hum” Device For Your Car Will Rat Out Speeding Teens, Wandering Spouses
- lost and found Cop Guesses Woman’s iPad Password, Uses Find My iPhone App To Locate Woman Missing After Car Crash
- not 2 fast not 2 furious Toy Electric Cars Let Kids Zoom Around While Parents Take Control From Afar