iPod Explodes In Class, Killing Nobody

An iPod erupted on a high school science room desk in Pentucket Regional High School in, MA yesterday. Supposedly…

…it was broken and a kid took it apart and was rubbing wires against the battery, according to a commenter on Newbury Port News who says he’s the father of a kid in the classroom at the time. Those lithium ion batteries are touchy creatures, aren’t they?

iPod: so dominant, the only iPod killer is iPod.

Student’s iPod explodes in class [The Daily News] (Thanks to Steve!)

(Photos: Shermeee, Mike Schmid, ThisParticularGreg)

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.