The unemployment rate may be near 10%, but what about those who would do more work if they had the chance? Yes, the underemployment rate in this country, which adds to the unemployment count those who work part-time but want to work full time is nearly 20%, according to a Gallup phone poll of 19,800 American adults. Let’s do our own poll. What’s your work situation? Would you work more hours if they were available?
Poll: Are You Underemployed?
By Ben Popken February 23, 2010
- a friend in need... Some States Denied “Hardest Hit” Funds To Homeowners Who Needed It Most
- dispatches from kabletown Is Comcast Running Manipulative “Push Poll” In Response To Philly Customer Service Study?
- doesn't hurt to ask Your Cable Company Will Probably Give You Free HBO For A Few Months, But Good Luck Getting The “New Customer” Rate
- In Debt Until Death Poll: 1-In-5 Consumers Say They’ll Die While Still In Debt
- Getting out to vote Uber, Lyft, Zipcar Offer Free Or Discounted Rides To Polls On Election Day