The unemployment rate may be near 10%, but what about those who would do more work if they had the chance? Yes, the underemployment rate in this country, which adds to the unemployment count those who work part-time but want to work full time is nearly 20%, according to a Gallup phone poll of 19,800 American adults. Let’s do our own poll. What’s your work situation? Would you work more hours if they were available?
Poll: Are You Underemployed?
By Ben Popken February 23, 2010
More From Consumerist
- U.S. Now Has Highest Death Rate For Car Crashes Among Comparable Countries
- Telecom Market You Probably Never Heard Of Costs Consumers & Businesses An Extra $20B Per Year
- Guy Who Legally Changed His Name To “Bacon Double Cheeseburger” Has No Regrets
- Poll: 9-In-10 Americans Support GMO Labeling
- $100M Grant Competition Aims To Expand Tuition-Free Community College Programs