Google has been accused of making it too easy to leak private info via Buzz, particularly your list of contacts. In order to keep that info secure, you had to opt-out of an auto-generated list when you first set up your Google public profile. Google now makes that list opt-in, but for early adopters who activated a profile before all the backlash started, you’ll soon be asked to re-confirm your choices.
Google Says It Will Ask Early Buzz Users To Doublecheck Their Privacy Settings
By cwalters February 23, 2010
- big data is watching How Much Control Do You Actually Have Over Your Private Data?
- here we go again Final FCC Privacy Rule Won’t Ban Pay-For-Privacy, Will Require Some Opt-Ins
- creepy things It’s Creepy, But Not Illegal, For This Website To Provide All Your Public Info To Anyone
- who am i? Al Franken Isn’t Too Keen On Google Glass Face-Recognition App
- digital footprints Google Creates One-Stop Shop To Show You Just How Much It Knows About You