The numbers are in for liquor sales in 2009, and last year had the smallest increase in sales since 2001, reports Bloomberg. What’s worse (if you own a high-end liquor company), sales shifted toward the products on the cheaper end of the spectrum, and people bought less at restaurants and other public places. But we’re not actually drinking less, it turns out–we’re just doing more entertaining at home.
We Are Too Poor For Fancy Alcohol
By cwalters February 2, 2010
- philadelphia freedom Pennsylvania Finally Putting An End To Weird Wine Laws
- the booze biz 8 States With The Strangest Alcohol Laws
- put a ceiling on it Booze-Serving Utah Theater Can’t Open Until Bar Is Hidden
- better shop on saturday Sorry, Indiana: Still No Carry-Out Booze Sales On Sunday After Bill Flounders
- here's to the ladies who brunch New Law Lets New Yorkers Buy Booze At Bars, Restaurants Before Noon On Sundays