Big Fat Whale has an awesome comic making fun of the idea of “corporate personhood,” which is this weird thing we have that lets corporations be treated as “persons” for legal purposes, and afforded some of the rights and responsibilites of natural persons, like they can be taxed, have free speech, and even arrested. Well, what if the corporations really were people in the flesh? They wouldn’t be very nice. See the rest of the comic, including James Comcast (I’ll let you check out this great website for sixty bucks!) and Tiffany Conagra. [Big Fat Whale]
What If Corporations Really Were People, And Those People Were Jerks?
By Ben Popken January 29, 2010
- corporate personhood How Corporations Got The Same Rights As People (But Don’t Ever Go To Jail)
- they probably want that 'dislike' now Facebook Might Owe The IRS As Much As $5 Billion In Back Taxes
- staplesmaxdepot Amazon Executive: Actually, We Don’t Have Any Big Corporate Office Supply Contracts Yet
- how do you really feel? Anti-SeaWorld Pranksters Tweak Interstate Sign To Express Their Dislike Of Park
- a spoonful of sugar... Now You Can Take Your Kids To The “Krispy Kreme Challenge” Clinic