Maybe those hamsters are okay, but these Amby Baby Motion hammock beds are not. Two infants have died–one in June, the other in August–from suffocation, prompting Amby Baby and the CPSC to issue a recall notice. You can make the hammock safe to use after repairing it with a free kit, which you can order directly from Amby Baby.
Baby Hammock Recalled After Two Deaths
By cwalters December 8, 2009
- Dangerous Bathing 86K Infant Bathtubs Recalled Over Drowning Risk
- Double The Recall Britax Recalls 71,000 Car Seats For Fall Hazard, 49,000 Stroller Arms Over Choking Danger
- protect the baby Fisher-Price Recalls 34,000 Cradles Over Safety Concerns
- Spoiled baby food Gerber Recalls Two Baby Food Pouch Varieties Because You Shouldn’t Feed Your Kid Anything Spoiled
- small parts big issues Target, Pacific Cycle Recall 129K Infant Bike Helmets Over Choking Hazards