Maybe those hamsters are okay, but these Amby Baby Motion hammock beds are not. Two infants have died–one in June, the other in August–from suffocation, prompting Amby Baby and the CPSC to issue a recall notice. You can make the hammock safe to use after repairing it with a free kit, which you can order directly from Amby Baby.
Baby Hammock Recalled After Two Deaths
By cwalters December 8, 2009
- recall roundup January Recall Roundup: These Pacifier Clips Really Suck
- Dangerous Bathing 86K Infant Bathtubs Recalled Over Drowning Risk
- Double The Recall Britax Recalls 71,000 Car Seats For Fall Hazard, 49,000 Stroller Arms Over Choking Danger
- Just Watch Your Baby Yourself 800,000 Baby Video Monitors Recalled Because Batteries Aren’t Suppose To Burn You
- Not Sleeping Safely IKEA Expands Crib Mattress Recall To Include Five Additional Styles