Detroit tried to auction off almost 9,000 homes and lots last week—enough property to fill Central Park—but Reuters says less than 1/5th of what went on the block actually sold. Unfortunately, it sounds like speculators snatched up few decent properties, leaving actual Detroit residents looking for new homes out in the cold.
Nobody Wants To Buy (Four Fifths Of) Detroit
By cwalters October 26, 2009
- sports authority Report: Dick’s Wins Sports Authority Brand, Including Domain Names
- consumerist field at mile high stadium Sports Authority Prepares To Auction Off Its Name, Your Name, Broncos Stadium Naming Rights
- living on the edge New Homeowner Apparently Doesn’t Mind If Auctioned Property Comes With Free Booby Traps
- landlords to the rescue Here’s Why Mall Owners Stepped In To Save Aeropostale
- you are the product Sports Authority Bankruptcy Means Now Dick’s Sporting Goods Owns 114M Customer Records