Detroit tried to auction off almost 9,000 homes and lots last week—enough property to fill Central Park—but Reuters says less than 1/5th of what went on the block actually sold. Unfortunately, it sounds like speculators snatched up few decent properties, leaving actual Detroit residents looking for new homes out in the cold.
Nobody Wants To Buy (Four Fifths Of) Detroit
By cwalters October 26, 2009
- Too Little Too Late? Detroit Selling Foreclosed Homes For $1,000 In City’s Latest Attempt To Rebuild
- squatters welcome One Detroit Neighborhood Actively Looking For Squatters
- the tax man taketh Judge Upholds Sale Of Woman’s Home Prompted By Unpaid $6.30 Tax Bill
- wudder wudder everywhere... City Bills Landowner $944 For Non-Existent Water Service For Vacant Lot
- flip this arena People Who Bought Pontiac Silverdome For $583K Now Asking $30M For Run-Down Arena