Banquet Foods wasn’t satisfied with reducing the size of their mac & cheese meals by a third, from 12 ounces to 8 ounces. They also increased the price, notes our reader Richard, who confirmed the price hike at both his local Seattle supermarket and at Walmart (although Walmart’s prices were lower in both versions). Funny, we thought the whole argument for the shrink ray was that it protected consumers from paying more.
Banquet Finds Grocery Shrink Ray Isn't Enough, Hikes Price As Well
By cwalters September 11, 2009
- grocery shrink ray Gift-Wrap Shrink Ray: Walmart’s Labels Are A Little Smaller
- shrink ray Mustard Shrink Ray Squeezes Out An Ounce From Redesigned Bottle
- like candy from a box Grocery Shrink Ray Swipes A Few Junior Mints
- you'll wonder where the toothpaste went Pepsodent Shrinks Toothpaste Tubes Slightly To Keep $1 Price Point
- sad espresso Starbucks Shrinks A Whole Serving From Iced Espresso Classics