Slate has posted a slideshow documenting ads since the 1970s, when corporations starting heavily targeting African-American consumers. Check it out.
A Brief History of Ads Targeting African Americans
By consumerist.com August 22, 2009
- behind the numbers 3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
- who knew? Yes, People Do Still Really Use The Yellow Pages
- arms race That Was Fast: Ad-Blocker Announces Block For Facebook’s Ad-Blocker Blocking
- beer How America’s Two Signature Beer Companies Became Expats
- bye bye ads Google Bans Payday Loan Ads In Search Results