Slate has posted a slideshow documenting ads since the 1970s, when corporations starting heavily targeting African-American consumers. Check it out.
A Brief History of Ads Targeting African Americans
By consumerist.com August 22, 2009
- targeted badvertising Facebook Allows Advertisers To Exclude Users Based On “Ethnic Affinity”
- behind the numbers 3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
- words of love Wait — What Did The Guy In This FarmersOnly.com Ad Just Say?
- who knew? Yes, People Do Still Really Use The Yellow Pages
- no really this deal's for YOU Google To Start Doing Its Mega-Personalized Ad-Serving Thing On TV, Too