Slate has posted a slideshow documenting ads since the 1970s, when corporations starting heavily targeting African-American consumers. Check it out.
A Brief History of Ads Targeting African Americans
By consumerist.com August 22, 2009
More From Consumerist
- 3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
- Yes, People Do Still Really Use The Yellow Pages
- Google Bans Payday Loan Ads In Search Results
- How America’s Two Signature Beer Companies Became Expats
- Will Costco’s Switch From American Express To Visa Affect My Credit?