Hello, credit card reform! The first pieces of the CARD Act went into effect today. Card issuers must now allow customers to opt out of some changes to their cards, mail bills at least 21 days before the due date, and give 45 days’ notice of all changes in interest rates or fees. [Consumer Reports Money]
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Add Protections, Improve Transparency; Take Effect Oct. 2017
- cutting the card My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?
- looking at results Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Would Add Protections, Curb Overdraft Abuse
- taking a final stand New Campus Banking Rules Hope To Protect Students From High Prepaid & Debit Card Fees