Hello, credit card reform! The first pieces of the CARD Act went into effect today. Card issuers must now allow customers to opt out of some changes to their cards, mail bills at least 21 days before the due date, and give 45 days’ notice of all changes in interest rates or fees. [Consumer Reports Money]
- cutting the card My Credit Card Interest Rate Is Going Up. What Are My Options?
- looking at results Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- slippery slope Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- swipe out Retailers Tell Fed: Debit Card Swipe Fees Are Still Too Dang High
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us Congress May Delay Predatory Lending Protection For Military Personnel