Hello, credit card reform! The first pieces of the CARD Act went into effect today. Card issuers must now allow customers to opt out of some changes to their cards, mail bills at least 21 days before the due date, and give 45 days’ notice of all changes in interest rates or fees. [Consumer Reports Money]
More From Consumerist
- Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Reminder: You Should Opt Out Of Starbucks Card Mandatory Arbitration Now. Here’s How
- Retailers Tell Fed: Debit Card Swipe Fees Are Still Too Dang High
- Feds Shut Down Florida-Based Debt-Relief Robocall Scammers