The car warranty robocalls may have ground to a halt, but are you still besieged by credit card and home mortgage scam robocalls? Don’t worry. Ever-vigilant Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is on the case, asking the federal government to intervene.
By Laura Northrup May 26, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Lawmakers Renew Push To Curb Unwanted Robocalls
- Feds Shut Down Florida-Based Debt-Relief Robocall Scammers
- Anti-Robocall “ROBOCOP Act” Gets New Life In Senate
- Senators Introduce Bill To Close New Robocall Debt-Collection Loophole
- 25 Attorneys General Agree: Close Government’s Robocall Debt-Collection Loophole