We’ve got the senior policy guy we’re interviewing on Thursday in DC about credit card reform confirmed, it will be Austan Goolsbee, senior economic adviser to Obama. We’ll be shooting it in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next to the White House. This should make for a good interview! Besides lengthy academic credentials in business and behavioral economics, Goolsbee often acts as Obama’s surrogate, is an extemporaneous debate champ, Skull & Bones member, and from Chi-town, so Meg can rap with him about sport peppers.
Austan Goolsbee Confirmed For Consumerist Interview
By Ben Popken May 12, 2009
- more protections needed Restricting Debt Collection Doesn’t Limit Credit Availability
- bad day for cordray Appeals Court Calls CFPB Structure Unconstitutional; Throws Out $109M Penalty Over Alleged Mortgage Kickbacks
- looking at results Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- inhospitality Kimpton Confirms Credit Card Info Stolen From More Than 60 Hotels
- banning the ban CFPB To Consider Rules That Would Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”