Can You Get Swine Flu From A Dollar Bill? “A study published by Swiss researchers shows that an infectious virus can survive for three days on bank notes, and 17 days ‘in the presence of respiratory mucus.'” [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick May 7, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Could Avian Flu Hurt McDonald’s All-Day Breakfast Plans?
- Nearly 1/3 Of Cancer Survivors Face Financial Burden After Diagnosis, Treatment
- It Ain’t Over Yet: Bird Flu Aftershocks Will Keep Egg, Whole Turkey Prices High
- Makers Of Ultraviolet “Disinfectant” Devices Penalized $1.3M For Making False Germ-Killing Claims
- Scientists Suggest Zika Virus Can Be Transmitted Via Oral Sex