If you’re not done with your taxes, don’t worry, just get an extension. Just send in IRS Form 4868 and you’ll get 6-months to send in your paperwork. However, you still need to send in 90% of your total tax due otherwise you’ll get fines. If you’re getting a refund, then no sweat, just send in your extension. Don’t feel too bad about not having it together in time, either; according to the IRS website, form 4868 is their most requested document.
Get An Extension On Your Taxes
By Ben Popken April 14, 2009
- panic I Give Up: How Do I File For An Extension On My Tax Return?
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: I Just Can’t Quit Itemizing My Deductions
- one hundred million dollars Sorry, You Can’t Pay The IRS With A Check For $100 Million Anymore
- how to not suck 10 Ways To Not Suck At Spending Your Tax Refund
- one-stop shop IRS Now Accepting Cash Tax Payments At Your Local 7-Eleven