Senators Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, and Bill Nelson, D-Florida, have introduced the m-SPAM Act, which would update the CAN-SPAM law to include text message spam. “The m-SPAM Act would explicitly bar marketers from sending text messages to any mobile number in the national Do-Not-Call registry maintained by the FTC,” reports InternetNews.
Senators Introduce Bill To Ban Text Message Spam
By cwalters April 7, 2009
- orc spam? Lawsuit Claims Universal Pictures Spammed Phones With Unsolicited ‘Warcraft’ Texts
- spammy spam spam Yahoo Hit With Class-Action Lawsuit Claiming Messenger Service Sent Spam Texts To Some Users
- weight-loss deception Spammers Used Hacked Email Accounts To Push Bogus Weight-Loss Products
- it's organic “Artisanal Spam” Is Today’s Sneaky New Trend In Email Scams
- dethroned “Spam King” Gets 30 Months In Jail For Sending More Than 27M Unsolicited Facebook Messages