Senators Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, and Bill Nelson, D-Florida, have introduced the m-SPAM Act, which would update the CAN-SPAM law to include text message spam. “The m-SPAM Act would explicitly bar marketers from sending text messages to any mobile number in the national Do-Not-Call registry maintained by the FTC,” reports InternetNews.
Senators Introduce Bill To Ban Text Message Spam
By cwalters April 7, 2009
- Achieving The Trifecta FTC Fines Company $10M For Achieving A Trifecta Of Annoyance: Mobile Cramming, Spam Texts And Robocalls
- orc spam? Lawsuit Claims Universal Pictures Spammed Phones With Unsolicited ‘Warcraft’ Texts
- no spam 4 u FTC Settles With Spammer Who Sent Millions Of Deceptive Texts
- spammy spam spam Yahoo Hit With Class-Action Lawsuit Claiming Messenger Service Sent Spam Texts To Some Users
- spamalamadingdong FTC: Spammers Responsible For Millions Of ‘Free Gift Card’ Text Messages To Pay $2.5M