Gosh, this is really thoughtful of the Barnes & Noble bookstore on the Georgia Tech campus. They sent Steve an email reminder that at some point in the past, he explicitly opted out of receiving any email communications from them in the future. See, he may have forgotten that he didn’t want to be contacted, and how else would he remember it if B&N didn’t contact him to let him know? Update: Shane at Mississippi State University received the same helpful reminder from his campus bookstore, also run by B&N.
Barnes & Noble College Bookstores Sends Email Reminder That You Don't Want Them To Send You Email
By cwalters April 3, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Barnes & Noble Is Opening 4 New Prototype Stores, Closing Fewer Than Expected
- Colleges Give Up On Bookstores, Just Send Students To Amazon
- Barnes & Noble Founder: Retail Climate Is Terrible, Sales Will Keep Falling
- Barnes & Noble Decides New CEO ‘Was Not A Good Fit’
- Barnes & Noble Is Starting A Restaurant Group: Wait, What?