If you live in Rochester, NY, Austin or San Antonio, TX, or Greensboro, NC, your broadband access from TWC is about to be capped. The company is expanding its trial run from Beaumont, TX to these additional four cities, where TWC broadband customers will have to choose one of the company’s tiers of service—anywhere from 5GB to 40GB per month. DSL Reports notes that all five markets lack Verizon’s FiOS as an option, and TWC faces little to no competition from other providers.
Time Warner Cable Expands Metered Billing To Four More Cities
By cwalters April 1, 2009
- dispatches from kabletown 3 Myths Comcast Is Telling The FCC About TWC Merger
- to the limit Comcast-TWC Merger Could Bring Broadband Data Caps To Pretty Much Everyone
- better faster stronger Time Warner Cable Promises Free Internet Speed Boost To Charlotte Customers Before Google Moves In
- half-truths Comcast Officially Files for TWC Merger, Claims Broadband Competition Is Fine Because You Have A Smartphone
- off limits Customers Failing To Fling Themselves At Limited Broadband Usage Cap, TWC CEO Admits