Economy Hemorrhaging Jobs. The nation’s unemployment rate climbed above 8 percent last month and the economy shed 651,000 jobs, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It’s the highest rate in 25 years, with 12.5 million unemployed. [WaPo]
More From Consumerist
- For-Profit Colleges Lead The Way On Loan Defaults: Report
- Government Will Try To Figure Out How Many Americans Are Now Part Of The “On-Demand” Workforce
- Student Loan Debt For Recent College Graduates Increases Again
- 25 Total Mitsubishi, Nissan Models Affected By Fuel-Economy Issue; None So Far In U.S.
- California Senate Passes Bill Allowing Consumers To Fight Unfair Default Judgments