Consumerist is looking for a freelance Assistant Editor 5-10 hours/week to process our tipline, time of day is flexible, responding to readers and notifying the writing team of post-worthy stories. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the discipline to work remotely, possessing excellent writing skills, a thorough understanding of Consumerist’s style, ethos, and editorial direction, and a passion for consumer blogging. This six-month position, which can translate into posting opportunities, offers a very small stipend. Email your resume and a 500+ word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org on the following: Are consumers winning or losing the battle for better customer service? Support your thesis with stories and techniques from The Consumerist archive. Deadline: Feb 25.
- taxes Ask Tax Dad: Send Us Your Questions For Consumerist’s Tax Columnist
- get your resumes ready Calling All Health & Electronics Editors: Consumer Reports Is Hiring
- undercover agents Consumer Reports Hiring Secret Shoppers In 4 States
- Unholy Cheese Matrimony 7-Eleven Takes Doritos Loaded On Tour, Inflicts Them On More Cities
- the year that was Consumerist’s Most Popular Stories From 2013