How long will it take your portfolio to recover from this financial Armageddon? NYT’s cool calculator tells me it’s going to take about three years. Check it, just punch in how much your portfolio was worth at its peak, its current value, how much you contribute on a regular basis, and play with the annual return. It generates a nice Times-quality graph of how long it’s going to take you to get it all back, and what the outlook is for years to come. Good way of putting the whole shebang in perspective.
Calculate How Long Till Your Portfolio Recovers
By Ben Popken February 16, 2009
- how to not suck 10 Ways To Not Suck At Spending Your Tax Refund
- Maybe It's Not So Bad After All Not Everyone Has $100,000 In Student Loan Debt, But That Doesn’t Mean There’s Not A Problem
- how to not suck 15 Things You Need To Know About Life Insurance
- going by the numbers See How Ratings For Episodes Of Your Favorite TV Shows Stack Up In Graph Form
- tears for sears Sears Will Shrink 12 Stores To Make Space For More Tenants