How long will it take your portfolio to recover from this financial Armageddon? NYT’s cool calculator tells me it’s going to take about three years. Check it, just punch in how much your portfolio was worth at its peak, its current value, how much you contribute on a regular basis, and play with the annual return. It generates a nice Times-quality graph of how long it’s going to take you to get it all back, and what the outlook is for years to come. Good way of putting the whole shebang in perspective.
Calculate How Long Till Your Portfolio Recovers
By Ben Popken February 16, 2009
- going by the numbers See How Ratings For Episodes Of Your Favorite TV Shows Stack Up In Graph Form
- saying i.o.u. How To Not Suck… At Merging Your Money When You Marry
- how to not suck 10 Ways To Not Suck At Spending Your Tax Refund
- math is delicious Pizza Math: A 12″ Pizza Is Over Twice As Big As An 8″ Pizza
- wedding week How To Not Suck At Planning Your Wedding, Part 5: Spending Your Wedding Cash