Central Appalachia is the number one spot in America for tooth decay to due to their poor diet, lack of access to dental care, and widespread addiction to Mountain Dew. They say it’s used as a kind of anti-depressant, thanks to its high-caffeine and sugar levels. Good Morning America visited and found they even put it in baby bottles. Some 2-year olds have 12 cavities in their baby teeth. They discovered an 11-year old Dew-drinker boy who hadn’t brushed his teeth in several weeks because they hurt too much. Crazy to think that’s what acid, sugar and caffeine will do to your teeth when combined with a bad diet and little in the way of dentist visits.
Mountain Dew Addiction Helps Rot Central Appalachins' Teeth
By Ben Popken February 12, 2009
- the opposite of craft soda Dew Shine From Mountain Dew Looks Like Booze, But Isn’t
- time for your medicine Elementary School Decides To Stop Giving Kids A Dose Of Mountain Dew Before A Big Test
- the price of a pop Controversial Soda Tax Coming To Chicago After County Board Vote
- what's in a word? For Pepsi, “Guilt-Free” Means Diet Soda And Baked Chips
- getting exclusive Pepsi To Start Selling Naturally Sweetened Soda — But Only On Amazon