Central Appalachia is the number one spot in America for tooth decay to due to their poor diet, lack of access to dental care, and widespread addiction to Mountain Dew. They say it’s used as a kind of anti-depressant, thanks to its high-caffeine and sugar levels. Good Morning America visited and found they even put it in baby bottles. Some 2-year olds have 12 cavities in their baby teeth. They discovered an 11-year old Dew-drinker boy who hadn’t brushed his teeth in several weeks because they hurt too much. Crazy to think that’s what acid, sugar and caffeine will do to your teeth when combined with a bad diet and little in the way of dentist visits.
Mountain Dew Addiction Helps Rot Central Appalachins' Teeth
By Ben Popken February 12, 2009
- ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Bottled Water Expected To Outsell Soda For The First Time Soon
- all natural Soda Makers Advertise New And Exciting Ingredient: Sugar
- win some... lose some 5-Hour Energy Loses One Deceptive Advertising Case; Wins Another
- Maybe Skip That 3 DIY Teeth-Whitening Solutions You May Want To Avoid
- the taste of a very old generation Pepsi To Appeal To Different Set Of Millennials With New “1893” Cola