We all know that Amazon’s review system is kind of a mess. It’s plagued by “professional reviewers,” reviews from friends, legitimately critical reviews that get yanked after complaints by angry fan groups, and—worst of all—fake reviews, usually written by employees of the manufacturer. Adam found a new fake reviewer named David Jacob, but what really caught our eye was how real Amazon shoppers have picked up on it and left a series of comments to warn future customers to stay away from Gamenamics.
Customers Fight Back Over Fake Amazon Reviews
By cwalters February 10, 2009
- brought to you by the letter $ Is Amazon Doing Anything To Fight Latest Wave Of Fake, Paid-For Reviews?
- Five-Star Lawsuit Amazon Files First Lawsuit To Block Companies From Selling Fraudulent Positive Reviews
- brought to you by the letter $ Amazon Bans Most Users From Writing Reviews In Exchange For Free, Discounted Items
- amazon Amazon Sues Five Sites Promising Reviews For Cash
- a cry for yelp Yelp Reviewers File Class Action Lawsuit, Want To Get Paid