Senate approves $838 billion economic stimulus bill 61 to 37. C-Span says three Republicans broke ranks to vote for it: Senators Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter.
By cwalters February 10, 2009
- the unfriendly skies Senate Votes Against Minimum Legroom, Spacing Standards For Airline Seats
- what's in your food Senate Votes Down Bill That Would Have Overturned States’ GMO Labeling Laws
- pushing a boulder up capitol hill Bill To Undo Hobby Lobby Ruling Fails In Senate; May Come Back From Dead Later This Year
- jedi sadly absent Congress One Step Closer To Granting Fast-Track Authority For Passing Mysterious Trans-Pacific Trade Treaty
- the wheels of government House Joins Senate In Taking First Step Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal