Senate approves $838 billion economic stimulus bill 61 to 37. C-Span says three Republicans broke ranks to vote for it: Senators Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter.
By cwalters February 10, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Senate Votes Against Minimum Legroom, Spacing Standards For Airline Seats
- Senate Votes Down Bill That Would Have Overturned States’ GMO Labeling Laws
- Senate Bill To Strike Down Vermont GMO Labels, Replace Them With Barcodes, Clears Hurdle
- Senate Approves Bill To Outlaw Vermont GMO Labels, Replace Them With Barcodes
- Senate Fails To Approve Bill Allowing FBI Searches Of Web, Phone Records Without Court Order