The two companies most responsible for making your next live entertainment experience a financial disaster may announce a merger as early as this week, reports Reuters and the WSJ. If it goes ahead, the new company will apparently call itself Live Nation Ticketmaster, not “Satan’s Boxoffice” as one might expect. The merger will raise antitrust issues, but if Sirius/XM has taught us anything, it’s that those issues can be ignored at the expense of consumer choice and pricing.
Ticketmaster, Live Nation Consider Merging, Destroying Concertgoing Forever
By cwalters February 4, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Court Throws Out StubHub’s Lawsuit Against Ticketmaster, Golden State Warriors
- UPDATE: Ticketmaster Voucher Codes Vanish, Then Reappear
- Could AB InBev Try To Buy Coca-Cola To Create Beer & Soda Voltron?
- Will Mega Beer Merger Lead To Higher Prices & Fewer Choices For Consumers?
- Pfizer To Buy Allergan For $160B, Create World’s Largest Drug Company