The two companies most responsible for making your next live entertainment experience a financial disaster may announce a merger as early as this week, reports Reuters and the WSJ. If it goes ahead, the new company will apparently call itself Live Nation Ticketmaster, not “Satan’s Boxoffice” as one might expect. The merger will raise antitrust issues, but if Sirius/XM has taught us anything, it’s that those issues can be ignored at the expense of consumer choice and pricing.
Ticketmaster, Live Nation Consider Merging, Destroying Concertgoing Forever
By cwalters February 4, 2009
- where's my ticket oak? Court Throws Out StubHub’s Lawsuit Against Ticketmaster, Golden State Warriors
- wcia 2014 EA’s Worst Company In America Reign Comes To An End With Loss To Time Warner Cable
- the end of the road? There Are Two Things That Could Stop The Comcast/TWC Merger, And We Might Get Both
- kabletown goes to washington Comcast To Senate: “Bigger Is A Good Thing”
- justify your marriage Senators Call On AT&T And Time Warner To Explain How Merger Will Benefit Americans