Macy’s is slaying 7,000 positions from its payrolls. No news about any store closing so far. Things are not looking good for retail stores with large stores in the physical universe these days. Economy = asteroid, creating large dust cloud over planet so the sources of food for the dinosaurs dries up, which is very sad for the massive reptiles, but then it creates space on the food chain for small furry mammals to thrive. Cockroaches, too, though. [Marketwatch] (Photo: u2acro)
Macy's Fires 7,000 People
By Ben Popken February 2, 2009
- where do the shoppers go? Where Do Customers Go When Their Department Store Closes?
- we hardly knew ye Are These The Final, Doomed Days Of The American Mall?
- slow sales equals fewer stores Macy’s Will Close 40 Stores This Spring: Here’s The List
- trimming down Report: Sears Would Need To Close Nearly Half Its Stores To Succeed
- revamping retail Retailers Could Open More Restaurants Inside Stores To Drive Business