Lifehacker has 10 neat IKEA hacks. That’s right, toss the manual and start making your own cool Scandinavian-infused furniture mods. In particular, I enjoy the tutorials on making an Allen wrench drill bit and embedding scrap bowls into your counter top. I remember reading one time on the IKEA hacker blog about how you could “make” a couch by binding together a series of the same chairs with plastic ties. That was pushing the bounds a bit, but most of these are straight-up useful, especially if you’re a nerd.
More From Consumerist
- There Were 3 Other IKEA Dresser Toddler Deaths Dating Back To 1989
- It’s Not Just You: Robots Are Also Bad At Assembling IKEA Furniture
- IKEA Taking Its Time Providing Records Related To Massive Dresser Recall
- IKEA Customers Continue To Report Issues With Massive Malm Dresser Recall
- IKEA Giving All U.S. Restaurants A Makeover Because Plenty Of Shoppers Are Just There For The Food Anyway