These 12 ideas for converting shipping containers into homes are pretty cool, if not always practical or cheap. Our favorite is the one that’s probably among the most expensive to make, not to mention that added cost of relocating to New Zealand to get the awesome view. Runner up: Ross Steven’s three-story fortress built into a hillside (see page 2).
Make Your Next House A Shipping Container
By cwalters October 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Tide Detergent Pod Containers Make Easy Trick-Or-Treat Baskets, But Is It A Good Idea?
- The Bankruptcy Of A Company You’ve Probably Never Heard Of Could Make Christmas More Expensive
- Hanjin Unloads Ship At Long Beach, South Korean Government Promises Funds
- Samsung Trying To Pay To Get Its Stuff Off Stranded Hanjin Ships
- Report: Amazon Wants To Help International Factories Sell Directly To You