These 12 ideas for converting shipping containers into homes are pretty cool, if not always practical or cheap. Our favorite is the one that’s probably among the most expensive to make, not to mention that added cost of relocating to New Zealand to get the awesome view. Runner up: Ross Steven’s three-story fortress built into a hillside (see page 2).
Make Your Next House A Shipping Container
By cwalters October 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Tide Detergent Pod Containers Make Easy Trick-Or-Treat Baskets, But Is It A Good Idea?
- UPS Changed Shipping Deadlines To Ensure On-Time Delivery
- Mustard Shrink Ray Squeezes Out An Ounce From Redesigned Bottle
- Report: Amazon Wants To Help International Factories Sell Directly To You
- Coolest Offers Opportunity For Backers To Pay $97 And Jump The Line, Another Revolt Ensues