Saw this site, moneyaisle.com, where banks compete with the best rate to get your business in a high-yield savings account or a CD. Sounded interesting, so I tried it out. I said I had $5k to deposit. The best rate they had was 3.51%. In less time it took for that rate to load, I went to Bankrate.com and found a place – yes, the banks on both sites are FDIC-insured – offering 3.91%, and only requiring a $1000 deposit. FAIL.
Banks Compete For Your Deposit At Moneyaisle.com
By Ben Popken October 8, 2008
- Not Really Helping Fifth Third Bank Backtracks On Its Pledge To End Payday Loans
- The bank of goldman sachs Now Goldman Sachs Wants To Be Your Everyday Bank
- know your options Report: Online Checking Accounts & Credit Unions Beat Traditional Banking
- pay up or get out Feds: Fraudsters Claimed To Own $17M Worth Of Property, Preyed On Tenants
- the changing financial landscape Households Are Using Prepaid Cards More Than Ever Before