Saw this site, moneyaisle.com, where banks compete with the best rate to get your business in a high-yield savings account or a CD. Sounded interesting, so I tried it out. I said I had $5k to deposit. The best rate they had was 3.51%. In less time it took for that rate to load, I went to Bankrate.com and found a place – yes, the banks on both sites are FDIC-insured – offering 3.91%, and only requiring a $1000 deposit. FAIL.
Banks Compete For Your Deposit At Moneyaisle.com
By Ben Popken October 8, 2008
- the changing financial landscape Households Are Using Prepaid Cards More Than Ever Before
- The bank of goldman sachs Now Goldman Sachs Wants To Be Your Everyday Bank
- Providing More Options CFPB To Banks: Offer More “No Overdraft” Checking Accounts, Provide Accurate Credit Information
- bank error not in your favor My Bank Overdrafted My Account By Putting Two Holds On One Deposit; Doesn’t Care
- schrodinger's internet Comcast Still Not Quite Sure If Its $70 Gigabit Offer In Chicago Actually Exists