Airlines have added all sorts of fees to compensate for their increased oil costs recently. Now that oil has dropped, the fees are gone, right? Nope. Now that we’re all acclimated to a la carte pricing, which airlines have lusted to implement for ages, don’t expect it to be going away anytime soon. $2 fee to have the window open, $4 to have it shut.
Oil Prices Down But Airline Fees Remain
By Ben Popken September 18, 2008
- let it fly Judge Grants Class-Action Status In Case Over Delta, AirTran Original Checked Bag Fees
- the land of the fee New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
- tracking the impact Does Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” Policy Hurt On-Time Performance?
- fee for all Travelers Just Want To Know What A Flight Will Cost Upfront
- snip snip Which Airlines Charge A Fee To Buy Tickets Over The Phone Or At The Airport?