Airlines have added all sorts of fees to compensate for their increased oil costs recently. Now that oil has dropped, the fees are gone, right? Nope. Now that we’re all acclimated to a la carte pricing, which airlines have lusted to implement for ages, don’t expect it to be going away anytime soon. $2 fee to have the window open, $4 to have it shut.
Oil Prices Down But Airline Fees Remain
By Ben Popken September 18, 2008
- We're not giving up fees United Airlines CEO: Checked Bag Fees Are Here To Stay, Just Part Of Doing Business
- singing the jetblues JetBlue’s Justification For Baggage Fees Demonstrates The Sad State Of Airline Industry
- Capping the Fees Passenger Rights Group Calls For Cap To Airline Change Fees For International Flights
- No changes here Southwest Airlines Has No Plans To Start Charging For Checked Bags
- the land of the fee Senate Report Rips Airlines For Failing To Clearly Disclose Fees