Airlines have added all sorts of fees to compensate for their increased oil costs recently. Now that oil has dropped, the fees are gone, right? Nope. Now that we’re all acclimated to a la carte pricing, which airlines have lusted to implement for ages, don’t expect it to be going away anytime soon. $2 fee to have the window open, $4 to have it shut.
Oil Prices Down But Airline Fees Remain
By Ben Popken September 18, 2008
- singing the jetblues JetBlue’s Justification For Baggage Fees Demonstrates The Sad State Of Airline Industry
- We're not giving up fees United Airlines CEO: Checked Bag Fees Are Here To Stay, Just Part Of Doing Business
- that's the spirit Spirit Airlines Wants To “Hug The Haters,” Do Better Job Of Explaining Fees
- Capping the Fees Passenger Rights Group Calls For Cap To Airline Change Fees For International Flights
- the land of the fee Senate Report Rips Airlines For Failing To Clearly Disclose Fees